At Malden Manor Primary School and Nursery, our children are at the centre of all that we do.
Early Years starts with you as a new parent. Within Old Malden Children Centre (OMCC), there are health experts, such as midwives and health visitors as well as education experts such as teachers, practitioners and Family Learning to support new parents.
Our Nursery provision builds on your successes as a first educator with places for children that are 2 years old ‘Twinkle Twos’ and universal places for 3/4 year old.
Ofsted say that our Nursery is outstanding because…
• Children's independence and free choice are greatly encouraged because they move liberally between the indoor and outdoor environments.
• Staff provide a highly stimulating and extremely well resourced outdoor area, which covers all areas of learning exceptionally well.
• Planning is comprehensive and based exceptionally well on children's skills and interests.
• Staff make excellent interventions in children's play and they question children very effectively to extend their learning.
• Children settle extremely well because staff carry out home visits and build up strong, warm relationships with children.
Support for our Families
We excel at support for our families. Our nursery offers a variety of session options, to support working families including full days, half days, Breakfast and After School Club and Lunch Club.
Our 30 hours Offer
In September 2017, we are delighted to offer extended hours in line with the new government initiative, to eligible, working households- 30 hours of care.
Malden Manor is a two-form entry school, therefore in Reception there are two classes. We are proud of our highly engaging language rich environments, that develop and extend exciting learning opportunities. We plan learning, based on what inspires our children, therefore maximizing natural curiosity. The success of our entire Early Years team is shown by our upward trend of achievement of a good level of development. We are infinitely proud of our children. They continue their learning journey into Key Stage 1 ready to meet any challenges with a thirst for learning, a resilience to keep on trying and the strength of character to become the best that they can be.
Engaged explorers, are challenged and achieve!