SEND Information Report Q3
3. How will the curriculum and resources be matched to my child’s needs?
- All teachers differentiate work to meet the needs of all learners. Differentiation may be through resources, groupings, individualised teaching strategies or additional support provided by specialist teachers or Teaching Assistants (TA).
- When planning for and teaching in any curriculum area we start from where each child is and aim to build on their existing knowledge and skills.
- We personalise support to enable all pupils to make progress from their starting point.
- Where there is a need within a particular curriculum area, we will provide a range of additional support programmes to help those pupils who need to ‘catch up’.
Resources for individual support or interventions:
The individual needs of every child is taken into account when considering resources -be it a learning social, emotional, communication, sensory or physical need. Once a need is identified and discussed with all parties the SENCo will source and organise the appropriate intervention and any human or physical resources required to deliver it. . This could be 1:1, in a pair or in a small group.
We match practical resources to support children’s individual needs; this may range from something as simple as a pencil grip to timetabled use of iPads.We endeavour to source resources recommended by outside agencies such as Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists or Occupational Therapists.
The Headteacher, Governing Body and Business Manager oversee all matters of finance.Decisions re: interventions and support are based on need and are costed and evaluated.