SEND Information Report Q2
2. How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child needs and what kind of support is available?
All class teachers deliver Quality First inclusive teaching and are responsible and accountable for all the children within their class. If additional support is needed, the class teacher will consult with the Inclusion Leader and if necessary discuss with parents/carers. All interventions are monitored for impact with outcomes defined at the start. This information is shared with Senior Leadership Team and governors.
the class teacher will:
inform parents of any areas of your child’s school life they feel needs additional support or continued discussiondecide on what type of support is needed and put this in place initiallymonitor and gather evidence of the impact of support
for children who need specialist support:
the class teacher will meet with Inclusion Leader and further discussions will take place to decide on supportif appropriate, Inclusion Leader will make the necessary referrals, after parent consultations, to the necessary agencies such as Educational Psychologist or Speech and Language Therapist.Parents will be kept informed of any referrals made
pupil progress is tracked by class teachers, Key Stage Leaders and Senior Leaders and any lack of progress is discussed with consideration of any additional support needed
support available for children identified with a SEND:
- Additional provision and intervention to support a special educational need can include:
- Class teacher focused, targeted teaching in class
- Specialist teacher focused intervention 1:1 or in a small group
- Additional support in/out of class to meet a particular need by member of teaching support staff
- Specific group intervention with a small group of children in or out of class
- Specialist groups run by outside agencies or trained staff members (e.g Speech and Language Therapy or Occupational Therapy programmes
- A provision plan details provision in place, outcomes expected, who is providing it & for how long.
- Malden Manor shows the range of interventions in place on a school provision map which identifies all children undertaking interventions. All the intervention programmes we use are tried and tested and known to support children to make increased progress. We monitor the progress of all children receiving additional support to ensure that the provision is having impact.