SEND Information Report 12
12. How are parents involved in Malden Manor school? How can I be involved?
- At Malden Manor we are firmly committed to a partnership approach with parents/ carers and recognise it as the best way to support a child’s learning and needs.
- We have an open door policy - teachers & other school staff regularly meet with parents to discuss aspects of learning and welfare.
- We welcome all parents and greatly value parental support.
- Some of the many ways in which we encourage parents to become involved in their child’s education and school life include:
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parent Forum meetings to discuss strategic issues
- Parent Workshops
- Parents’ evenings, class open afternoons, year meetings, class assemblies and events
- Volunteer Parents to support in class
- Parental help for visits and events
- Community Friends – made up of parents and carers, Inclusion Leader and team members, teaching and support staff, Headteacher, community members and parent governors